Havissh was recruited by Rogles before the events of the first game.
In the trailer he is seen attacking Yuuko along many other monsters as the leader of them but is easily defeated. In the game, Rogles gives him a Phantasm jewel and the mission to guard the Ice mountain area. Yuuko found him inmediately after entering to the afformentioned area. Havissh merged from a pit where he was hidding and attacked the Valis warrior. The battle ended with his death in hands of Yuuko who also took the Phantasm jewel he left.
Not much details are given about Havissh's personality. During the trailer, he is shown to be the most calm of the monsters althought the biggest one, and also the thoughest one for Yuuko to defeat.
Havissh's abilities are based on the ice element (as his appearance suggests). His main attacks consists of shooting icycles as arrows and summoning blizzards. He can also levitate undefinitedly and his own phisical body's consistance of solid ice gives him a strong innate deffense.
Havissh only appeared in the Famicom/NES version of Valis I (in both the trailer and the game itself) as the third boss. He guards the Ice mountain area almost at the beginning, defeating him grants the player the third Phantasm jewel and the possibility to advance some more in such area (until Yuuko has to fight Reiko).
- Althought in the trailer Havissh is shown as the biggest one of Rogles's generals, in the game he is shown to be only a bit larger than Mezaark.
- His wizard-like skills and his calm personality gives him some similarities with Izard from the Mega Drive/Genesis and PC-Engine CD versions of Valis I.
- He is the only one of Rogles's generals in the Famicom/NES version aside from Rogles himself to have the ability to levitate undefinitely.
- Havissh is the only one of all the monsters in the trailer to not growl or talk, meaning that he possibly can't do so.
- A third generation legendary Pokemon ,from Nintendo's Pokemon franchise, named Regice has a slight resemblance to Havissh in both appearance and skills.