North Vanity as seen in the PC-88 version of Valis I
Valis I- North Vanity (MSX,PC-88/98, FM-77 and SX1 only)
Valis I-South Vanity (PC-88/98, FM-77 and SX1 only)
Valis III (PCE-CD only)
A vast and green plain land surrounded by water and full of animal and vegetable life. This territory extends along the borders from many of Vanity areas and, being its out lands, it's the first point of invasion for many antagonist armies along the series.
Yuuko's first visited area in the series (in the MSX, FM-77, PC-88/98 and Sharp X1 versions only). It has many high platforms and is mostly surrounded by rivers. It was taken over by Rogles's army during the events of Valis I.
The second area visited by Yuuko in the series (FM-77, PC-88/98 and Sharp X1 only). It's a darker and deeper area than North Vanity. Rogles's army also took this area over in Valis I.
Because of its similarities, this area is considered to be related to North Vanity. It located with the Els's forest and Gall's tower. This place is guarded by many soldiers and suffered from Glames's army attack during Valis III.
North Vanity appeared in the MSX, FM-77, PC-88/98 and Sharp X1 versions of Valis I as the second stage in the MSX version and as the third one in the rest of them. South Vanity appeared in all the aforementioned versions of the same game except for the MSX one as the fourth stage. The waterfalls appeared in the PCE-CD/TGCD version of Valis III as the second stage.
- Specter ( MSX, FM-77, PC-88/98 and Sharp X1 versions only)
- Illusion ( FM-77, PC-88/98 and Sharp X1 versions only)
- Hozegonzaresu (PCE-CD/TGCD version only)
- North Vanity uses the Dark forest's background music
- The first part of Vanity's outlands waterfalls slightly resembles Megas's lands in appearance from Valis SD.
- Although not appearing in Valis III's MD/Genesis version, Vanity's outlands waterfall background music is used in the first part of Sutherland from such version.